Last year's July issue of Wired Magazine What's Inside expose on Red Bull. I am sure many of us like me have no idea so this will be surprising for some.
- Glucose - Sugar water
- Taurine -“ Also known as 2-aminoethane-sulfonic acid, this was originally isolated from bull bile in 1827. Don't worry as this in now made synthetically.
- Glucuronolactone - Not many studies are available that ascertain what this can do for you.
- Caffeine - Ahh, the driver of coffee. Increases concentration and reaction speed improve emotional stat and boost metabolism.
- Niacin - Also used to lower cholesterol. This increased the HDL, good cholesterol, is in such low amount that you will not be able to use this as an excuse to drink to improve your pipe work.
- Sodium Citrate - Used as a preservative in soft drinks and soft cheese. This helps convert glucose into lactic acid during exercise that has been proven to improve athletic performance.
- Inositol - Found in animal muscle, this carbohydrate has been found to reduce depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic attacks and agoraphobia. This sounds great but you will need to drink 360 cans per day to make this chemical meaning for you.